Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ran Tonight..because I can

I'm getting ready for another 5k.  It is happening THIS Sunday.  I am excited.  I am nervous.  I am anxious.  My husband asked me if I was ready... hum that is an interesting question.  I don't know if I'm ready per say!  I've been able to run the entire 5k.. only just recently.. like recently I'm talking this past Monday and tonight.  I wish I had more time... but there will be other races for sure!  About one a month .. so those are good goals to have.

I've been thinking.. why do I run?  I run because I CAN.  I run for my mom.  She passed away about two and half years ago.  And even if she was still with us, I know she wouldn't be able to anyway with all her health issues.  I want to be a women that runs because I can.  I don't want to look back at my life and wonder if I could have done that.  Now I know I HAVE.  I CAN.  And I will CONTINUE to run.

Love you mom!  Hope you are watching me on Sunday and are proud.

1 comment:

  1. you and ready and you will do great at the run. especially with your new tunes to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)