Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grade One... here she comes!

Today was Ava's graduation ceremony... and it was wonderful.  It may sound silly but when we first decided to take the plunge and homeschool our children I would often feel guilty that they would not have some of the same experiences that my husband and I had.  Riding on a bus, graduation ceremony, school trips so on and so on.  But homeschooling has gone beyond what I thought it would be like.  The only clearest way I can describe it.. is that it fits.  It feels just so normal for us.  I love it!  We love it!  We have soo much more family time together.  We get to go out during the day (once we have schooled in the morning) when children are normally in school and just have fun!  Experience life!  Meet up with friends!  And my children's bond with each other is growing stronger and stronger everyday.  It is just awesome.

Here is our first homeschooling graduation ceremony as well as Ava and her dear girl friends:


I am starting to understand and appreciate that is alot more to homeschooling than 'missing out' on bus rides, school trips, recess and trying to keep up the crowd.  It's about growing and shaping our children into the best kids they can be.  The best that God wants them to be.  I am thankful that I am able to be home with my babies... a career, vacation, benefits, pension, shares in a company blah blah blah were so worth me forgoing.

Love you Ava!  SO proud of you! xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you made the plunge this year. I'm so happy that it has turned out well and relieved your fears...and I'm so happy that God put us together to go through it together.
    love you

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)