Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Party time... 'homeschool' style

It's been a busy few days around here for us.. on Friday was our (first annual?) Fall Harvest Party for all our homeschooling families. And I have to say it was soo wonderful! Wonderful for my kids to be around and play with other homeschooling kids. Wonderful to be around moms that have 'been there... done that'. Wonderful to have adult conversations and wonderful to get encouragement from other moms (and other Christian moms to boot!)

The pot luck/buffet lunch idea was awesome! What a concept! Growing up in an Italian home we didn't 'do' pot luck OR buffet! But since I've met my husband (his background is Scottish/Irish/English) I've come to really enjoy the feeling of pot luck and buffet meals. Don't get me wrong I really do like the 'family' style of serving food (large platters in the middle of the table and passing it around to each other). But what I like about pot luck is that everyone gets to bring something they really enjoying cooking/baking... and we all get to share in a fantastic meal together and move around a bit as you eat and chat. OK soo enough about my food obsession...

The weather was great on Friday, a bit of a nip in the air in the morning but by mid afternoon the sun came out and gave us all just the right amount of sunshine and warmth. Here are some pictures from this special and very Thankful day:


... And these are just a few things we are thankful for.. good times, good people and memories we will have forever.

Blessings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)