Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Half Marathon Update

As many of you know I have decided to train a half marathon.  This will be my second attempt.  The reason I chose to run another half is because I want to run a better time.  My goal this time is to run 21.1km in under two hours (1:58:00 - 1:59:00) beating my last time of 2:24:25.

I've started week two of my training schedule.  Last week I ran 21.5km this week it jumps to 35.5km.  I am feeling tired and I'm trying to curve my cravings to not to eat more.  But all in all it is going well.  I'm running four times a week as well as core workouts three times a week.  I am seeing a difference in my body, I'm *hoping* to loose my last 20lbs, but I have to be realistic and know that I may not loose the weight I want to loose.  Training for a marathon is very taxing on your body and you tend to build muscle.

I'm just glad that I am still running and being fit - ultimately that is my goal -- to keep moving and making healthier choices when it comes to food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)