Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Saturday, June 11, 2011

RACE DAY!

Today at 5:15pm I will be running my first 10k race!  I'm very excited!  It is out of town which makes me a bit more nervous.. because I don't know the route, I don't want to be late and I have to find my way around to pick up my race kit!

It will be a chip time run.  Which means I will have an electronic chip fastened to my shoe, when my foot hits the pad at the start and finish line it will store an INSTANT start and end time!  Cool eh?  Anyway.. I'm really really hoping to get my time under 60 minutes.  I know everyone is just saying to enjoying my first 10k race, just finish it.. but frankly I KNOW I can run 10k ~~ now I just want to kick butt (and by kick butt I just mean kick my OWN butt!  Come on now.... I'm not that fast!!)

I'll post my results later!! Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)