Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Slow & Steady.. wins the race or makes you crazy!

I'm still here.  Just sooo beyond busy right now!  Work is busy with the Passion Play... home is busy with just four kids, hubby and home maintenance!  Running lots... happy that I am now running 10k.  I am feeling more and more ready for my first 10k race this May 1st.  Now that I have ran the course on my own I feel prepared.. and ready to have a great time!

So my title.. what does it really mean?  Well... my whole weight loss journey.. it's been a journey in many ways.  The weight loss of course, spiritual journey, mental wellness and health journey, becoming physically stronger journey and many other areas.

I truly am glad that the weight has come off slowly.  I know if the weight just "fell" off that it would have just fooled me that I can maintain that kind of loss or weight.  The journey is the most important part.  Learning about food, making healthier choices (almost always), educating myself about the human body and finally integrating physical activity in my life.. forever.

My last 20lbs are taking a long time to come off.  I know that I have to change up a few things in my life.. up my running either in distance or intensity, change up my eating habits.. both these factors will fool my body and start it loosing weight again.  I am happy with the process I've made so far.. but I have to keep my eye on my desired end results.  I can't loose focus now.. I'm come so far and worked too hard.  Need to FOCUS.

Final weight loss to date: 37lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)