Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

me VS Cadbury, Nestle, Hershey etc etc etc

I was good today.  VERY good.  NO Halloween candy for this gal.  That was TOUGH.. really TOUGH for me.  I've been able to continue on my weight loss journey partly because I have been very diligent about not keeping *too* many *treats* in the house.  Cut back my baking CONSIDERABLY.. only enough for the kids to have a snack or two.. then they are gone.

This is hard for me.. because I AM SOO IN LOVE WITH CHOCOLATE.. wave a bag of chips under my nose.. and I will snub it off.  Dangle some twizzlers.. nope not for me.  But CHOCOLATE.. OH MAN!!  That kills me!  But this morning.. I woke up and told myself 'no Halloween chocolate, candy, treats ANYTHING for me today'..  and I did it.  8:05p and I did it...

I was soo desperate to get this candy down to a normal amount that Monday night I bunked the big bowl in the middle of the table for our small group to enjoy.  And they did.  And I was glad to get rid of some of the goodies.

I have to say.  I know I've come a long way.. because honestly 6 months ago.. I would have cracked.. and cracked and cracked.  And I would have thought to myself.. 'well it wasn't meant to be to loose the weight'.. or I would have told myself 'life is about ENJOYING what is around us.. '.  Excuses.  Excuses.  Excuses.  I now know.. I was just fooling myself.  What I was really saying to myself all those years is.. 'Your not worth the effort.  Your not worth the time.  Serve others.. and don't bother with yourself'.  But I know I am worth it now.  I know I need to take care of my body because my husband can not and my children can not.  I seriously pray to God continuously to give me strength on the days that I just don't want to be out there.  Or the days that I just want to eat and eat and eat.  He is my strength.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)