Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Thursday, October 21, 2010

why Blog?

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself that question?  I know I have.  Is it because you feel "published".  Or do you use it to keep in contact with family and friends?  Why not keep in touch the old fashioned way; a handwritten letter, phone call or a visit?  Does it make you feel popular?  Is it a popularity contest to you?  I know I must be failing miserably in that area if I am measured by the number of followers I have.  But it is funny in retrospect.. because I didn't care a lick if I had a ton of friends in high school either!  My friends were my dear friends whether I had 2, 10 or 20.  Do you use is to tell the world what a wonderfully perfect parent you are?  Or to profess how imperfect of a parent you are?  Show off your family and what you can accomplish in a day?  Is it your on-line diary... for the whole world to read?  Is your blog strictly to share your favorite recipes, crafts or a special gift that you poses?  Is your blog a glorified facebook?

I have questioned my motives many times as to why I have this blog.  I don't know what the answer is yet.  But what I do know is that I am not valued because of what I do or say or how popular I am but more so who I belong to.

I hope I have not offended anyone with this post..  just my thoughts.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)