Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I DID IT!

I did it!  OK.. so I am totally playing catch up... my head just feels soo scattered right now.. but here I am.

I ran my first 5k on Canada Day!  It was soo exciting!  It was soo hard!  It was soo fun!  It was soo wonderful to see my family and friends cheer me on!

I ran the longest that I've ever been able to do.  I ran 15 mins straight.. that got me to the half way mark, I had to walk 1 minute.. then again for 30 seconds, then I finished the 5k.

My totally running time was 32:00.  I've been told that is a really good time considering it was my first run.. but to be honest.. I was a bit disappointed in myself.  I can't explain why.. but I was just hoping to do better.  But that's ok.. I have new goals.  What I like about running is it is a race only against myself.  Always trying to do better.

I feel soo supported by my family and running friends.  For the first time in my life I am taking time for myself.  I am sticking to something.  I am enjoying something.. just for me.  And I am seeing results... so far I have lost 12.5lbs.  I enjoy running.  I enjoy the way I am eating now.  I really do feel like my life is changing.. and more importantly I can handle it.

That's me ☺☺  I will continue to update y'all on my running adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)