Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Friday, July 16, 2010

Blueberries! Blueberries! Blueberries.. everywhere!

I went blueberry picking last night for the first time.  And it was a lot of fun!  As I stood and picked (and sometimes sat down).. I was listening to the birds and the breeze.. and I could just picture what it would have been like a long time ago.. when ladies would gather their baskets and gather their children and spend the day picking wild blueberries.  It was just so peaceful.  It was strange.. who would have thought going to pick blueberries would be peaceful - but it was! 




Since going strawberry picking and blueberry picking for the first time this year.. I have now developed a serious appreciation for food (I didn't think that was even possible!).  The time spend planting, growing and watering them (which I have not mastered quite yet).  Harvesting and storing them in many ways for our family and friends enjoyment during the months when we are not so fortunate to just go out and pick fresh fruit or vegetables.

Last night was just wonderful... and even more wonderful was watching my children enjoy fresh blueberries on their cereal this morning!  And for me .. enjoying them topping my yogurt, granola and flax seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)