Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Sunday, December 20, 2009

To be thought of... one of the greatest gifts

Since we have moved four hours from my family I have come to realize how much I need and desire a deep relationship with my church family. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. And when you are a believer you really do 'get this'... we have an eternal connection and that is something no one can take from you.


We have been living in our new home for just over a year now... I would have wished and hoped that we had developed more significant relationships... and we are beginning to and I can see God working in our lives ~ 'knitting' families together.. to further His kingdom ... and that is a good thing! Fellowship, love, depending on one another ~ now doesn't that sounds nice?


And so today after church we were given some gifts.. well to be more truthful we were given gifts to give to Linden! More baby gifts.. and they are ALL sooo thoughtful, much needed and soo lovely. And not to discount any other gifts that were soo wonderfully and loving given to Linden.. but today one especially stood out to me. What 'makes up' a gift? Is it the size? The cost? The amount? No... it's the gift to be thought of... the gift of someones time... and so without further ado...


This is for you Pat ;) ........


Hope you enjoyed these pictures.... thank you again Pat... what a wonderful gift :) Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. great post and GREAT sweater set! I know what you mean about church family. It is so important for ADam and I to have christian friends even if they don't attend our specific church ;) Saturday was the FIRST time for us that all of our good friends in attendance were christian brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)