Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

40 weeks and 3 days ~

So technically I am now overdue. Not sure what this baby is thinking or doing in me... but what I do know for sure is I am tired. I've been having contractions, mostly at night. Monday was a full moon, apparently for many women this affects them and go into labor, generally 4 days before and for a few days after the full moon. But for me... it hasn't brought full on labor but just a lot of contractions, again mostly at night which doesn't really allow me to get to bed early and have a good night sleep.

I'm hopefully that he or she is getting ready to come out. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow.. just a regular weekly check-up, but also to discuss what will happen if I go past 42 weeks (but I've been praying I don't). Because I am planning on having a VBAC I can not be induced (which is just as well for me)... however the ONLY other alternative if I do not go into spontaneously labor is a c-section. This is a very strict practice with both doctors and midwives that a women who has had a previous cesarean that they are not to be induced. Inducing considerably increases the chances of having a uterine rupture - which is something I certainly do not want to happen!

Therefore I am really really hoping that I go into labor before we even have to start discussing another c-section. Please pray that the baby will come before then and that we are to have a relaxing home birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)