Owner/Creator:Anita Knits

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MUFFINS anyone??

Today is such a sunny warm day! WONDERFUL! I am having a friend and her son over this afternoon, so I decided to bake my FAMOUS banana cake/bread! And then the thought came to me... I would like to share with all of you some of my favorite recipes. The ones that I will share with you today are actually 'baking' not 'cooking', but I will be periodically adding all sorts of my favorites! For today, I'm going to showcase three great muffins that are always a hit when I make them for family or guests.

First off, my strawberry muffins ~ always a summer pleaser!


Strawberry Muffins

1 ½ cup chopped strawberries & juice
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg

Preparation:
cream sugar & butter
add eggs, stir in vanilla
add flour, baking soda, salt & nutmeg
stir in berry juice & gently stir in strawberries

BAKE @ 425 for 18 minutes

This next recipes is great for the fall! When all the apples are in season and are tasting wonderful!

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

1 ½ cup flour
¾ cup white sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
½ cup milk
2 large apples, peeled & chopped

Preparation:
mix dry ingredient
mix wet ingredients
mix the two together, do not over mix

BAKE @ 400 for 25 minutes

And finally my blueberry muffin recipe! This muffin is a hit with my kids. Ava LOVES blueberries - and they are soo good for you too!

Blueberry Muffins

1 ¾ cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries
¾ cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter

Preparation:
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & blueberries **bakers secret, by mixing in the blueberries into the dry ingredients, it coats the berries so your batter doesn’t turn blue!**
Add milk, egg & butter. Mix until batter is moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix batter

BAKE @ 400 for 25 minutes

Well hope you enjoyed some of my favorite muffin recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.. just be nice :)